280 Reporter

Remembering Mt. Tabor United Methodist Church

During the month of September 2020, the Board of Directors of Mt. Tabor United Methodist Church made the ...

Community Columnists

Familiar face, generous heart

John Gaydon’s face is a familiar one at community events featuring veterans’ organizations, especially the Alabama National Cemetery ...

Community Columnists

SCAC High School Juried Art Exhibit is April 24

In March of 2020, the Shelby County Arts Council was looking forward to hosting their annual Statewide High ...

Community Columnists

Billings caps 30-year Army career with volunteerism

After retiring from the military in 2015, James Billings was asked to write a speech for an ESGR ...

Community Columnists

Cochran’s creations help people around the world

For the past 15 years, Carolyn Cochran has been a member of First Baptist Church of Alabaster’s Joyful ...

Community Columnists

Enjoy a day full of art on April 24

The Main Street organization in Columbiana plans to host what it hopes will be the first of an ...

Community Columnists

After the storm

From the safety of my dad’s basement, I heard the infamous “train sound” of the storm blowing over ...

280 Reporter

Jensen serves her community wherever she goes

Karen Jensen's tenure as a volunteer in the community is extensive.

Community Columnists

Atkison spreads hope, comfort through knitting

Jeani Atkison’s volunteer role in the community has spanned several decades.

Community Columnists

Easter Bunny Tea was a first-class event

The fourth annual Easter Bunny Tea was a huge success at the Grande Hall in downtown Columbiana Saturday, ...

Community Columnists

Oestreich tirelessly volunteers in retirement

“I’ve always enjoyed volunteering. It gives me the opportunity to give back what I have been so fortunate ...

Community Columnists

Spreading love and the joy of reading

The Primrose School of Meadowbrook, collected over 200 books for the foster children of Shelby County in the ...

Community Columnists

Graduating foster kids deserve a strong start

The Shelby County Foster Parents Association is working early this year to make sure that eight of their ...

Community Columnists

‘Officer Woody’ makes COP organization complete

Started in December 1998, C.O.P. is an all-volunteer organization sponsored by the city of Chelsea, the Shelby County ...

Community Columnists

Easter Bunny Tea is this Saturday, March 13

The fourth annual Easter Bunny Tea will be happening at the Grande Hall in downtown Columbiana on Saturday, ...

< Newer|Older >