News

Tim Spanjer’s art brings fun exhibit to Shelby County Arts Council

Tim Spanjer believes that fine art can be fun art too. His traveling exhibit poplectic—which is currently showing ...

280 Reporter

Westover approves school site option in Pine Mountain Preserve

On Tuesday, Sept. 28, at the regularly scheduled Westover City Planning Commission meeting, the main topic of discussion ...

COMMUNITY COLUMNIST -- FEATURE SPOT

Local artist brightens learning spaces at Elvin Hill, Wilsonville elementary schools

Thanks to recent commissions fulfilled by local artist Trina Miller, two of the Columbiana area elementary schools have ...

Community Columnists

Shelby County cross country team hopes to host own events

Individuals with ATVs and small trailers would especially be welcome due to the location of the trail. Bring ...

Community Columnists

What exactly is the Delta variant?

Compared to the original strain, people infected with the new strain—called 614G—have higher viral loads in their nose ...

Community Columnists

Celebrating the arts and so much more

“I love all 808 square miles of Shelby County. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.” These were ...

Community Columnists

Cycling couple raises nearly $20K for St. Jude

George and Judy Dudley cycled 2,149 miles through 15 states to raise money for a worthy cause.

Community Columnists

Cycling couple raises nearly $20K for St. Jude

There are probably very few people who have not heard of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Community Columnists

Celebrating the arts and so much more

“I love all 808 square miles of Shelby County. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.”

Community Columnists

Don’t wait too late to downsize

The important point about downsizing is to do it before encountering a situation that forces you to do ...

Community Columnists

Elvin Hill PTO, community create new oasis

By SASHA JOHNS / Community Columnist The Elvin Hill Elementary Wildcats of the Columbiana school system have a ...

News

Easing back into normalcy easier said than done

Summer arrived officially on June 20. Alabamians geared up for the heat and humidity that accompanies the season.

News

Dudley celebrates 80th by cycling to Maine

Since 2019, George Dudley has been planning and training for a bicycle ride from Key West, Florida to ...

Community Columnists

The amazing spirit of our volunteers

Led by the United States Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Community Living, May was recognized ...

Community Columnists

The Hot Tamales to perform at SCAC Aug. 21

On Aug. 21, Jan D. Hunter and Kristi Tingle Higginbotham, the dynamic duo known as the Hot Tamales, ...

< Newer|Older >