Community Columnists

Loyacano follows his faith to find ways to serve

Larry Loyacano enjoyed a successful career in transportation management that spanned over three decades.

Community Columnists

Post 131 awards scholarships to SCHS students

The Columbiana American Legion Post 131 and American Legion Riders have been growing their ranks these last two ...

Community Columnists

Gear up for a musical summer in Columbiana starting June 4

Among the long list of things that the COVID-19 pandemic halted last year was Columbiana’s beloved Music on ...

Community Columnists

From a Scout to the Guard: Bowen volunteers for 35-plus years

“It’s all about the soldiers, that is why I am still involved with the Employer Support of the ...

Community Columnists

Guy grows through art

Madelyn Guy is a lifelong resident of Columbiana, who can’t remember a time when she didn’t express herself ...

Community Columnists

Construction of Independence Hall replica underway

Tom Walker, founder and president of American Village, chartered in 1995, conceived the idea of the American Village ...

Community Columnists

A lesson for the birds

A 25-year veteran of her profession, Martha Bentley found that the sweet spot of her career has been ...

Community Columnists

American Legion post members never stop serving

American Legion Ryan Winslow Post 911 is headquartered in Hoover with about 400 members.

Community Columnists

McGinnis hopes to follow family’s path in law enforcement

T.J. McGinnis is a Shelby County High School senior with lots of heart when it comes to his ...

Community Columnists

Barksdale established first storm shelter in Hoover

“After I retired, I figured I just couldn't sit around. I'm just used to helping people,” said 87-year-old ...

Community Columnists

New sculptures serve as unique welcome to Columbiana, Shelby County

Thanks to local artist and teacher Nelson Grice, you can now go to Columbiana and sit in the ...

Community Columnists

Justice shines a light on history

“I love history,” said Bill Justice. He has volunteered with the Shelby County Historical Society (SCHS) for the ...

News

Hobbs finds path to business after high school

Hall Hobbs, senior at Shelby County High School, has found a way to thrive in the face of ...

Community Columnists

Help comes full circle in the wake of disaster

On March 25, Ricky Harmon had been at home alone most of the day before an EF-3 tornado ...

News

The multi-faceted service of Gaydon

“We want people to know about the National Cemetery and the services it provides for the families of ...

< Newer|Older >