Shelby County Reporter wins 11 awards in APA ad contest
By AMY JONES / Associate Editor
The Shelby County Reporter won several awards in the 2011 Alabama Press Association Advertising Contest.
Forty-three newspapers submitted 844 entries in this year’s contest. The Mississippi Press Association judged the contest entries.
The Reporter competes in Division C, against other larger community weekly newspapers.
The Reporter won the following awards:
– First place, Best Classified Page or Section.
– First place, Best Single Ad 1/2 page and under in color, for The American Village in Montevallo ad by Matthew Allen.
– First place, Best Single Ad over 1/2 page in color, for the Shelby County Fair ad by Matthew Allen.
– Second place, Best Regularly Scheduled Special Section, for “Profile 2010: iSpeak Shelby County” by staff.
– First place, Best One-Time Special Section, for the 2010 Shelby County Road Map by staff.
– Second place, Best One-Time Special Section, for the South Shelby Chamber of Commerce special section by staff.
– Third place, Best Advertising Campaign, for the Bolton Funeral Home campaign by Matthew Allen.
– Second place, Best Classified Display Ad, for Granger Thagard Auctions ad by Matthew Allen.
– First place, Best Niche Publication, for Bride Guide by staff.
– Third place, Best Niche Publication, for Shelby Living by staff.
– Second place, Best Use of Humor, for 2N4 Wheels by staff.
The advertising awards will be presented in June at the press association’s summer convention, along with winners from the APA editorial contest. The winners of the editorial contest have not been announced yet.