Eagles soar past Sharks in youth basketball
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Complete results from week three of the Shelby County Youth Basketball League.
· The Eagles soared over the Sharks, 16 to 10. The Eagles were led by Paci Clark with 11 points, Peyton Long and Jaxson Stinson had 5 rebounds each, Blake Jennings was a defensive stopper, with Cason Jefferies and Livy Harmon providing valuable minutes. The Sharks were led by Austin Wilson with 4 points, Jace Bolen was the top rebounder, Tommy Grigsby played tenacious defense, with Christopher Bolen and Noah Lemley playing well on both ends of the court.
· The Falcons sped past the Roadrunners, 23 to 11. The Falcons leaders were Chase Benson 8 points, Will Price 6 rebounds, Grant Gurganus 3 steals, and Logan Carson showed tremendous effort. The Roadrunners were led by Colin Davis and Alex Gillum with 4 points each, with Cooper Bentley adding 2 points.
· The Firedogs burned the Gunners, 35 to 20. The Firedogs were led by Riley Lewter with 11 points, Andrew Gothard grabbed 5 rebounds, Molly Beth and John Michael Gay were defensive stoppers, and Quinton Hill played hard. The Gunners were led by Noah Harper with 14 points, Jesse Job White and Collin Jennings had 5 rebounds each, with Dylan Wilson getting 4 steals.
· The Bulldogs buried the Blazers, 35 to 28. The Bulldogs were led by Chase Jones with 15 points, Kaden Cardwell led in rebounds, David Vick and Joel Pennington were defensive stoppers, with Evan Joiner and Chase Newman providing valuable minutes. The Blazers were led by Jordan Morris with 14 points, Landon Lawrence was the top rebounder, and Steven Garcia played tough defensively.
· The Sweet Heat defeated the Heat, 31 to 21. The Sweet Heat leaders were T.J. McGinnis with 16 points, Aaliyah Cotton added 12 points, Max Kearley led in rebounds, and Colt Hardin was the defensive star. The Heat was led by Lars Belfanz with 10 points, Coleman Byars had 7 rebounds, Drew Largin had 3 steals, and Eli Jones was a spark on both ends of the court
· The Heat torched the Blazers, 28 to 16. The Heat was led by Chadwyn Russ with 12 points, Jeremiah Crenshaw had 7 rebounds, Colby Blythe was a defensive stopper, and Devon Montgomery hustled and played hard. The Blazers were led by Jacob Walton with 5 points and H.D. Edwards added 3 points.
· The Rough Riders galloped the Fighting Gerbils, 29 to 22. The Rough Riders were led by Tasharious Whetstone with 12 points, Mitch Nash led in rebounds, Nathan Isbell was the defensive star, and Coby Game added valuable minutes. The Fighting Gerbils were led by Jason Lucas with 11 points and E.J. Johnson added 7 points.
· The Lightning struck the Swish for a 32 to 27 victory. The Lightning was led by Nate Bates with 13 points and 12 rebounds, Justin and Dawson Humphries had 6 steals each, Blake Elliot provided valuable minutes at point guard, with Dunnaway, Davis, and Carden showing good effort. The Swish was led by Austin Lucas with 11 points, Ricky Harmon played good defensively, with Ty Beasley and Christopher Smith providing valuable minutes.
· The Runnin’ Rebels sped past the Terminators, 23 to 19. The Runnin’ Rebels were led by Caleb Jinright with 8 points, Matthew Prosser had 9 rebounds, Andrew West led the defensive charge, Camden Roulier ruled the defensive boards, and Charlie Taylor showed great effort. The Terminators were led by Conner Davis and Wesley Hyde with 5 points each.
· Block Party defeated Sutton’s Team, 35 to 34. Block Party was led by Jeremiah Trice with 15 points, Tanner Brooks had 12 rebounds, Devin Wooley was a defensive stopper, Noah Reece managed the defensive boards, and Joseph Pennington provided valuable playing time. Sutton’s Team was led by Joseph Joiner with 9 points and Michael Broderick added 8.
· Team Morris was victorious over Team Warren, 24 to 21. Team Morris was led by Tyler Holmes with 9 points. Grant Joiner chipped in 5 points. Team Warren was led by Jim Vick and Zach Noland with 6 points each.
· The Honey Badgers fought off Chaos for a 27 to 20 victory. The Honey Badgers were led by Peri Clark with 9 points, Natalay Whitner grabbed 10 rebounds, Josie Turner hustled, with Madelyn Guy and Maggie West showing good effort. Chaos was led by Anna Goodwin with 10 points and 18 rebounds, Janie Pennington played good defensively, and Zoey Jones added valuable minutes.
· The Whatchmacallitz defused the Dynamite, 27 to 24. The Whatchamacallitz were led by Dayli Wood with 17 points, Aubree Roberson had 9 rebounds, and Morgan Jefferies led the defensive charge. The Dynamite leaders were Madison Purcell and Katelyn Lucas with 8 points each, Alexa Couch was the defensive star, and Abby Bevard added valuable minutes.
· The Fireballs doubled up the Swish, 24 to 12. The Fireballs were led by Sarah Goodwin with 10 points, Jayla Pettway had 12 rebounds, Sarah Head had 3 steals, and Charley Clark played well on both ends of the court. The Swish was led by Sarah Kober with 4 points. Ashlyn Wilson-Ruston and Katrice Burns added 3 points each.
· The Hobo Thunder held on to defeat Frostie’s Shakes 16 to 13. The Hobo Thunder was led by Keelie Yowe with 8 points, Alexis Franklin added 4 points and Lauren Carter played good pressure defense. The Shakes were led by Beth Upton with 6 points, Jordan Price had 13 rebounds, and Summer Knight had 4 steals.
The Shelby County Youth Basketball League will resume play on Saturday, Dec. 31.