Is God Waiting on a Court Ruling?
ALLEN FARLEY / GUEST COLUMNIST
I believe that God has allowed Satan to slowly turn up the heat under “The Melting Pot” we call the United States of America. As we reach a boiling point, will we be “One Nation Under God?”
Let’s look at the history of “One Nation Under God”:
• Public Prayer removed from public schools.
• The Civil Rights era.
• Increasing number of cases of domestic violence, child abuse and homelessness.
• Drug and alcohol offenses steadily rising.
• Television and movies filled with sex and violence.
• Between 2008-2012 the “U.S. Census in America Community Survey” reported an estimated 42 percent of Alabama’s children were born to unmarried women.
• Alabama’s prison system at 195 percent capacity.
• Now, a Federal Judge in Mobile, Alabama has ruled Alabama’s 2006 “Sanctity of Marriage Amendment” is unconstitutional.
As a Christian, I believe that God’s word is true. I don’t pretend to understand why God has allowed Satan to be a force in this world. I can’t explain why God’s people stood silent throughout past generations of slavery and racial hatred. Today, alcohol and drug abuse are destroying families of every race in every community. Our television networks and movie producers are glamorizing sex, violence, and homosexuality to our children and young adults. (Some Alabama politicians believe our prisons are overcrowded because our court’s sentencing structure is too tough).
God’s Word is very clear. After Judge Granade’s ruling, God’s Word will still be very clear.
1 Timothy 1:9-10 states We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers and mothers, for murderers, (10) for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers – and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine.
God Bless America!!!
Allen Farley represents Jefferson and Shelby Counties in the Alabama Legislature’s House District 15. Representative Farley can be contacted at email@example.com, or (205)-960-7526.