U.S Women’s Open tickets and packages now available
FROM STAFF REPORTS
NORTH SHELBY – Beginning on Thursday, March 15, fans can now purchase daily tickets for the 2018 U.S. Women’s Open Championship at Shoal Creek, located as well as a number of new flexible ticket options all available at uswomensopen.com. Kids 18 and under are admitted free to the championship.
“The support of the community for the U.S. Women’s Open has been terrific,” said championship director Matt Sawicki. “A national championship trophy will be raised in Alabama and this allows fans to be a part of it in the most flexible and value-oriented way possible.”
The 73rd U.S. Women’s Open Championship, scheduled for May 31-June 3, is the first U.S. Women’s Open to be conducted in the state of Alabama. Shoal Creek has previously hosted the 1986 U.S. Amateur Championship as well as the 2008 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship.
An array of daily and multi-day package ticket options are available for the 73rd U.S. Women’s Open, with prices starting at $20 for daily gallery tickets and $73 for packages. In addition, fans who purchase tickets now through April 15 will be entered into a “Play Shoal Creek” sweepstakes, which will provide three winners the opportunity to play Shoal Creek with a guest prior to the U.S. Women’s Open. Ticket options include:
- Two-Pack Championship Round ($73): This package includes two good-any-day gallery tickets to be used on any days of the championship
- Daily Eagle’s Nest ($73): The Eagle’s Nest includes access to an open-air sports bar located near the 15th tee. This option includes a ticket to any one day of the championship. Entrants must be 21 and older.
- Daily Gallery ($20, $40, $45): Daily gallery tickets provide admission to the championship grounds on any one day.
- Eagle’s Nest Weekly Package ($200): The Eagle’s Nest includes access to an open-air sports bar located near the 15th tee. The package includes a ticket for all six days of play, both practice and championship rounds, access to reserved seating at holes 9, 17 and 18 as well as a 10 percent discount on food and beverages. Entrants must be 21 and older.
- Gallery Upgrade ($100): The package includes a ticket to every day of championship play, reserved seating at holes 9, 17 and 18 and a 10 percent discount on food and beverages.
Shoal Creek was designed by Jack Nicklaus and opened for play in 1977. The 2018 U.S. Women’s Open will be the seventh USGA championship conducted in the state of Alabama.
Tickets can be purchased exclusively at uswomensopen.com. Questions can be directed to email@example.com or by calling 1-800-698-0661.
During practice-round days (Tuesday, May 29 and Wednesday, May 30), active military personnel receive complimentary gallery tickets, which will be available at will call.
By GRAHAM BROOKS / Staff Writer Vehicle owners in Shelby County will experience a few changes when it comes to... read more