UPDATE: Area roads flooded, SCS closing after school care early
FROM STAFF REPORTS
According to local police departments, the following areas are currently impassable in Shelby County:
- Winslett Road in Pelham
- Entrance to Green Park South in Pelham
- Amphitheater Road near Pelham Civic Complex
- Shelby County 47 at Industrial Road in Columbiana
- Butler Road at Big Oak Drive in Alabaster (East bound lane)
- Old Highway 31 under the Interstate 65 overpass in Alabaster
- Alabama 119 at Forest Village Ln
- Bridge on 6th AV SW, next to Buck Creek Park – water over bridge
- Hwy 17 between 1st AV W and High Grove Pkwy
- Fox Valley Farms Rd at Hwy 17 – impassable 5:13 p.m.
- Park Drive in Montevallo
Shelby County Schools after school care will be closing at 5 p.m. today, Monday, Feb. 10, due to the potential for flooding in the area. All parents are asked to pick up their students by 5 p.m. for all students and staff members to make it home safely.
Law enforcement agencies are encouraging drivers to be particularly careful when driving on area roadways over the next few days, especially during low visibility times at night, as roadways could become flooded quickly.
This comes after Shelby County was put under a flash flood warning until 6:30 p.m. Check back for updates on roadway conditions.
By GRAHAM BROOKS / Staff Writer PELHAM – Business leaders across various sectors in Shelby County made their way to... read more