Alabaster names 2022-2023 Support Personnel of the Year
Published 10:20 am Wednesday, March 15, 2023
By NOAH WORTHAM | Staff Writer
ALABASTER – The Alabaster City Schools Board of Education recently recognized and honored employees who work behind-the-scenes to help run ACS.
The ACS BOE recognized its 2022-2023 Support Personnel of the Year during a regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, March 13 at 5 p.m. in Alabaster City Hall.
“What a wonderful board meeting to be able to recognize our support people of the year that make so many wonderful things happen for our students and our schools,” Superintendent Dr. Wayne Vickers said.
During the meeting, each person recognized was called forward and was given a plaque in honor of the accolade.
The following individuals with Alabaster City Schools were recognized:
General Support Person of the Year
- Jennifer Wroten of Creek View Elementary
- Jenni Lovelady of Meadow View Elementary
- Nicole Elliot of Thompson Intermediate
- Troya Yoder of Thompson Middle
- Tammy Griffin of Thompson High
- Maxine Burns with the Central Office
Child Nutritional Program
- Sandra Lovett of MVES
- Kimberly Nicholas of CVES
- Rachel Potts of TIS
- Whitley Chapman of TMS
- Amanda Higgins of THS
- Lisa Allen of MVES
- Jeanie Herndon of CVES
- Lara Watts of TIS
- Pam Turner of TMS
- Ginger Lovelady of THS
- Lucy Chapman – Elementary
- Vicki Wilkins – Secondary
Overall winners were also selected with Maxine Burns winning overall Support Person of the Year, and Sandra Lovett winning overall Child Nutrition Program Person of the Year.
“I’m very proud of the individuals represented today,” Vickers said. “They certainly are champions, and they represent us well as a school system.”
After the recognition of support personnel, the ACS BOE approved multiple resolutions on the agenda.
The board approved a new walk-in freezer and new serving lines for TMS as well as a new dish machine for CVES.
“I’m proud of our CNP program and the great ways they take care of our kids,” Vickers said.
In other news, the ACS BOE approved the following:
- The purchase of We Build it Better for an 8th Grade STEM/Engineering class at TMS
- The purchase of 500 Dell Chromebooks for the Warrior Device Initiative
- The purchase of six network servers for the district
- Phase II miscellaneous renovations for TMS
- A TMS bleacher system replacement
The next Alabaster Board of Education meeting will be held on Monday, April 10 at Alabaster City Hall.