Columbiana Council hires assistant clerk
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, June 22, 2004
A new face will greet Columbiana residents at City Hall beginning Tuesday, June 29. But one familiar face will be missing.
The Columbiana City Council has hired Gina Antolini, formerly of Columbiana and recently from Connecticut, to replace Assistant City Clerk/Magistrate Mary Horton.
Horton, who has worked for the city for about three years, is moving on to become office manager/bookkeeper at Mt. Laurel Elementary. She resigned her position with the city effective June 28.
Antolini is a graduate of Shelby County High School, who has
lived in Connecticut for
the past 12 years.
She has nine years experience working with libraries, seven years experience working
for the city of Meriden, Conn.
In the absence of Councilmember Tim Billingsley, the council unanimously approved the employment of Antolini at its regular June 15 meeting.
The Columbiana City Council has decided to fund the position of Meals On Wheels coordinator for Columbiana for three months, July through September at the pay of $500 per month.
The Council approved the use of the city credit card for a police officer to attend a methamphetamine lab class and approved the
purchase 10 laser sights at cost of $3,050 total from confiscated drug funds.
It was reported that
some 20 people have been recently arrested in connection with drugs in the Columbiana area.
Joel Miller was appointed to fill the unexpired term of
Robby Odgers on the Park and Recreation Board to end Oct.1, 2006.
In other matters, the council:
* Approved the minutes of the May 18 and June 1 council meetings.
* Approved payment of bills.
* Approved the payment of $22,405.65 for downtown renovation to Gresham, Smith and Partners.
* Approved the payment of $4,500 to CGS for the Friday Night Street Dedication set for June 25.
* Approved an expense of $100 for the Beautification Board for printing of scavenger hunt contest photo sheets for Liberty Day.
* Approved a payment of $1,500 to Jim Adams for field maintenance at the high school for the summer. The payment will be paid from Park and Recreation Funds.
* Approved transfers of $22,000 from the bond to the Bond Disbursement
$3,257.51 from the General Fund to the Ball Park Construction Account; and for $1,525.50 from the General Fund to the Library Operating Account