Vacant trailer burns

Published 5:06 pm Monday, August 18, 2008

A fire damaged an abandoned trailer in the 8000 block of Highway 11 Saturday at 2 p.m.

Ricky King, an investigator with the Chelsea Fire Department, said the fire was due to faulty electrical wiring.

“We were a little suspicious about the fire, but after our investigation we found it was old electrical wire,” he said. “We found where the wire came in contact with other metal in the ceiling.”

A neighbor saw smoke and called it in to the department. Both the Chelsea and Pelham Fire Departments responded.

The trailer itself was a total loss, but some of the contents could be salvaged, King said.