Cocoa Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
Try this delightfully different brownie recipe with pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cocoa, and chocolate chips. It is quite fast and easy to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/2 cup canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree
* 1 whole egg
* 2 egg whites
* 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 11 x 7 x 1-1/2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil or spray with cooling oil.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt until combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, pumpkin, all of the eggs, and oil on medium speed until combined. Reduce mixer to low, add dry ingredients, and beat until well-mixed. Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
Pour evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until it tests done in the center with a wooden pick. Cool cocoa pumpkin brownies to room temperature before cutting to serve.
Yield: about 15 servings