Emissions testing to continue
The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham recently announced its air quality initiative, Alabama Partners for Clean Air, would continue to provide free emissions testing in 2010 through its Car Care Program. Testing will occur at Express Oil Change & Service Center locations throughout Jefferson and Shelby Counties.
The Car Care program begins in early February and runs through October. Vehicle owners can choose among four testing locations per week at participating Express Oil Change & Service Center locations. Vehicles producing high-emitting pollutants may qualify to be covered for 80 percent of the cost for repairs, up to a maximum of $500. The vehicle owner is responsible for the remaining 20 percent in cost, plus any repair cost over $500. Qualifying repairs may include oxygen sensors, catalytic converters and other related repairs. The program is not applicable to vehicles currently under a manufacturer’s warranty or other extended warranty, vehicles older than 10 years, exceeding 150,000 miles or registered out of state.
For more information on available emissions testing dates or to see a list of tested pollutants, please visit the Alabama Partners for Clean Air Web site, AlabamaCleanAir.org.
Jan. 26 -Trafficking in stolen identities from the 6700 block of Highway 55, Wilsonville. Jan.27 -Reckless endangerment from Valleydale Road/County... read more