Shelby County Board of Education minutes for Jan. 17
The Shelby County Board of Education held a board meeting Jan. 17 at 6 p.m. at the central office in Columbiana.
The following board members were present: Aubrey Miller, Peg Hill, Steve Martin, Jane Hampton and Jimmy Bice.
The board took the following actions:
- Approved the board minutes and addendum as presented.
- Approved the Dec. 20, 2012 board minutes.
- Approved the payroll and monthly expenditures for December 2012 as presented.
- Approved the out-of-state field trips as presented.
- Approved the various personnel actions as presented.
- Approved Kristi Sayers as the professional development supervisor.
- Approved Tina Minor as assistant principal at Calera Intermediate.
- Approved the renewal of Bid #12-03 for wide area network services as presented.
- Approved to award Bid #13-02 for substitute teachers and non-instructional staffing services to the low-dollar bidder that met the specifications to Kelly Services as presented.
- Approved Change Order 1 for playground equipment at VES as presented.
- Approved Change Order 2 for alterations and renovations at CMS as presented.
The next scheduled board meeting will be Thursday, Feb. 21 at 6 p.m. at the central office in Columbiana.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 p.m.