Shelby County to offer Christmas tree recycling
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Shelby County in conjunction with the City of Chelsea, City of Pelham and Propst Alabaster, LLC, is offering a Christmas tree recycling program at five areas in the county, according to a news release from the county.
The program will take place Dec. 26, 2013-Jan. 4, 2014 at the following locations:
• Heardmont Park on Cahaba Valley Road – U.S. 119
• Chelsea City Hall in Chelsea
• Ray Building off Highway 70 in Columbiana
• Propst Alabaster, LLC (the former Colonial Properties Alabaster) located at the end of AmStar Theatre parking lot
• Pelham City Park located off the U.S. 31/U.S. 119 entrance in Pelham
All drop areas will be located in parking lots and designated with orange traffic cones and signage and will be monitored daily.
“We plan to recycle the Christmas trees into landscape and erosion/sediment control materials for county facilities and decrease the volume of illegal dumping that occurs each year,” County Manager Alex Dudchock said in the news release.