University Baptist Child development Center hosting first annual consignment sale

Britches and Bows Children and Ladies Consignment Sale will take place April 11 and 12.

Britches and Bows Children and Ladies Consignment Sale will take place April 11 and 12.

By GINNY COOPER / Staff Writer

MONTEVALLO—For those looking for a new spring wardrobe on a budget, University Baptist Child Development Center in Montevallo has just the event.

“We want to get our face out there, because we’re doing some great things here,” Andrea Jones, center director said of the center’s work in Montevallo.

This spring, the center is looking to get the community even more involved with the Britches and Bows Children and Ladies Consignment Sale.

The sale is set to take place April 11, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and April 12, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., with early bird sale times for volunteers and consignors.

The center hopes to have at least 50 consignors donate clothes for the event, Jones said. Children’s clothing will range from $1 to $20, and furniture, strollers, nursing items and women’s clothing, jewelry and maternity wear will also be available.

The sale will benefit everyone involved, Jones stressed, with consignors receiving 70 percent of the profits and the remaining 30 percent going to support the center.

“So far, it’s going well,” Jones said. “It looks like it’s going to be great.”

To learn more about the sale, including how to volunteer or consign clothing items, visit Britchesandbowsconsignment.blogspot.com or email britchesandbowsconsignment@gmail.com.