Attempted murder suspect set to appear in court
Published 11:50 am Monday, July 21, 2014
By NEAL WAGNER / Managing Editor
A 28-year-old Alabaster man who allegedly shot and seriously wounded a man in May is scheduled to appear in the Shelby County Courthouse for a preliminary hearing on Aug. 7, according to court records.
The Alabaster Police Department, with the help of the U.S. Marshals Service, arrested Jamel Kentrae Hall at his residence in the 300 block of Fifth Avenue Southeast in Alabaster at about 11:45 a.m. on June 10. Alabaster Police Chief Curtis Rigney previously said Hall was “on the run” from police after he heard officers were looking for him, and said the U.S. Marshals Service was “instrumental” in locating the suspect.
Hall allegedly shot and seriously injured a male victim while the victim was driving a vehicle on May 31, Rigney said. The suspect knew the victim in the case, Rigney said. The victim did not suffer life-threatening injuries in the shooting.
According to Hall’s arrest warrant, the victim was shot twice in the thigh during the May 31 incident. On June 6, Hall allegedly “shot at the victim while (the victim) was driving an automobile,” which led to Hall’s second attempted murder charge.
As of July 21, Hall was being held in the Shelby County Jail on bonds totaling $316,000. In addition to the pair of attempted murder charges, Hall also is facing unlawful possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of marijuana and possession of an illegal firearm charges.
Attempted murder is a Class A felony. If convicted, Hall could face between 10 years and life in prison per attempted murder charge.