Asbury Giggles and Grace Consignment Sale returns Feb. 13 and 14

The Asbury Giggles and Grace Consignment Sale will be on Feb. 13 and 14 at the Asbury United Methodist Church. (Contributed)

The Asbury Giggles and Grace Consignment Sale will be on Feb. 13 and 14 at the Asbury United Methodist Church. (Contributed)

By MOLLY DAVIDSON / Staff Writer

NORTH SHELBY—Shoppers can find bargains while also supporting local charities at Asbury United Methodist Church’s bi-annual Asbury Giggles and Grace Consignment Sale, returning Feb. 13 and 14.

Attendants can shop gently used items from 350 consigners from all over the Birmingham area. Last spring’s sale featured nearly 22,000 items, including top-sellers such as girls’ and boys’ clothing, cribs and strollers, Giggles and Grace Consignment Sale co-chair Molly Ray explained.

“We pull from all over, we have people that come and shop from all over the mountain,” Ray said. “You can get some really good bargains.”

The bi-annual consignment sale is from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 13 and from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14. Select items will be marked down an additional 50 percent on Saturday, Ray noted.

The Asbury Giggles and Grace Consignment Sale is one of Asbury UMC’s biggest fundraisers. Entirely staffed by volunteers, 75 percent of the profits are used to pay the consigners and the remaining 25 percent benefits CASA, the church’s children’s ministry, and other local charities.

Last year’s sale generated nearly $36,000, Ray said.

“All (staffers) are volunteers, there’s not one person that’s paid,” Ray said.

Consigners also have the option to donate unsold items at the end of the event. Last year, items were donated to Oak Mountain Missions, Grace Klein, the Hannah Home, the Lovelady Center, Kids Connection, Jesse’s Place and Shelby County Foster Parent Association.

Throughout the two-day sale, Asbury UMC will also accept canned and non-perishable food donations for the church’s food pantry. Donors’ names will be entered into a drawing for prizes, such as T-shirts and fast passes through the checkout line.

“You get to go directly to checkout, you don’t have to wait in line,” Ray said of the fast passes.

Asbury UMC will also collect gently used shoes and socks throughout the sale to be given to the Navajo Missions Life Center in Cuba, N.M.

The Asbury Giggles and Grace Consignment Sale will take place Feb. 13 and 14 at Asbury UMC, located at 6690 Cahaba Valley Road. More information can be found at Asburygigglesandgrace.com.