Back in Time
The Swimming Pool Club at Shelby Springs Resort, once known as Club Yamakita. The resort dates back to the late 1830s. The completion of the East Tennessee, Virginia & Georgia Railroad to Shelby Springs in 1855 encouraged the partnership of Wimberly and Sparks & Co. to build a two-story hotel and a few cabins.
Contributed/Shelby County Museum and Archives, Bobby Joe Seales, president