Back in Time
Shelby Springs Resort, once known as Club Yamakita. In about 1856, Jasper J. Norris of Selma leased the property consisting of 2,700 acres of wooded land, including the springs, hotel and cottages. During the Civil War, the facilities were used as a training center for the young Confederate soldiers.
Contributed/Shelby County Museum & Archives, Bobby Joe Seales, president