Attempted murder suspect set for August court date
Published 5:09 pm Monday, June 29, 2015
By NEAL WAGNER / Managing Editor
COLUMBIANA – A 29-year-old Alabaster man facing a pair of attempted murder charges is set to appear in court in late August after his court date was continued to allow attorneys to interview witnesses in the case.
Jamel Kentrae Hall, who lists an address in the 300 block of Fifth Avenue Southeast in Alabaster, originally was set to appear in court in late May, but his court date was continued until Aug. 27 at 8:30 a.m. through an agreement between prosecutors and defense attorneys. The court hearing was continued to allow more time to review evidence and to interview witnesses, according to court documents.
The Alabaster Police Department, with the help of the U.S. Marshals Service, arrested Hall at his Alabaster residence at about 11:45 a.m. on June 10, 2014, and charged him with two felony counts of attempted murder.
Alabaster Police Chief Curtis Rigney previously said Hall was “on the run” from police after he heard officers were looking for him, and said the U.S. Marshals Service was “instrumental” in locating the suspect.
Hall allegedly shot and seriously injured a male victim while the victim was driving a vehicle on May 31, Rigney said. The suspect knew the victim in the case, Rigney said. The victim did not suffer life-threatening injuries in the shooting.
According to Hall’s arrest warrant, the victim was shot twice in the thigh during the May 31 incident. On June 6, Hall allegedly “shot at the victim while (the victim) was driving an automobile,” which led to Hall’s second attempted murder charge.
Hall was released from jail in late February, a few months after Circuit Court Judge Dan Reeves denied a request to reduce Hall’s bond from $316,000, under which Hall was held from his June 2014 arrest until he was released.