Pelham City Schools hosting kindergarten registration
Published 1:40 pm Monday, April 11, 2016
FROM STAFF REPORTS
PELHAM— Kindergarten registration for Pelham City Schools will take place April 14 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Pelham Civic Complex, according to the school’s website.
This event will provide the opportunity for parents to register students who will begin kindergarten in the 2016-2017 school year at Pelham Oaks Elementary or Pelham Ridge Elementary.
The website said students are encouraged to attend the registration event to participate in a kindergarten readiness screener.
Parents will need the following items to register their student:
- Photo ID for the enrolling parent or legal guardian.
- Valid Alabama immunization form (blue form).
- A birth certificate for proof of age.
- Proof of custody. If applicable a copy of the court order must be submitted.
All students must also provide two of the following current residence verification documents for proof of residence:
- Current utility bill or utility deposit receipt.
- Lease agreement, which lists occupants.
- Payment receipt for rent or house payment, which must include address.
- U.S. government communication to current address, such as Social Security or income tax documents.
- Property deed.