Shelby County Schools hosting summer specialty enrichment camps
FROM STAFF REPORTS
The Shelby County Schools Community Education Program is hosting a variety of different specialty enrichment camps at locations this summer throughout Shelby County.
The specialty enrichment camps are in addition to traditional full-day summer camps, which will be offered at Calera Intermediate, Helena Intermediate, Forest Oaks Elementary and Oak Mountain Intermediate.
Fees vary dependent on the classes being offered.
The classes are open to students who are zoned for Shelby County Schools and may be limited to certain ages or grade spans.
Below is a listing of the following schools, programs and times of summer enrichment programs that will be offered:
Forest Oaks Elementary
▪ Cheer Camp–June 6-9 from 8-10 a.m.
▪ Miss Beth’s Gymnastics–June 13-17 from 3-5 p.m.
▪ Arrrgg You Ready for an Adventure Pirate Camp? June 20-24 from 9-11 a.m.
Helena Elementary School
▪ Summer Art Camp with Miss Alice–June 13-17 choose one of three sessions: Session one–10-11:15 a.m.; Session two–1-2:15 p.m.; Session three–6-7:15 p.m.
▪ Ms. Henderson’s Art Camp–June 20-24 choose one of two sessions: morning session–9-11:30 a.m.; afternoon session–1-3:30 p.m.
▪ Star Wars STEM Camp–June 6-10 and July 11-15 from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
▪ American Girl Book Club–June 13-17 from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
▪ Creation Station–June 20-24 choose from two sessions, morning session–9-11:30 a.m.; afternoon session–1-3:30 p.m.
▪ Fun With Reading and Math–June 13-16 from 9 a.m.-noon and June 27–30 from 3-6 p.m.
▪ Camp Build–July 11-14 from 9 a.m.-noon.
▪ Passport to Spanish–July 11-14 from 9 a.m-11 a.m.
Mt. Laurel Elementary
▪ Chelsea Cheer–June 6-9 from 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
▪ Summer Singers Show Choir–June 6-10 and June 27-July 1 from 9 a.m.-noon.
Oak Mountain Elementary
▪ Art Smart with Carol Popwell–July 19-22 and July 26–29 from 9-11:30 a.m.
▪ STEM: Science, Technology, Excitement, and More– June 20-24 from 9 a.m.-noon and July 18-22 from 1-4 p.m.
▪ Chinese Language and Culture–June 20-24 and July 11–15 from 9-11:30 a.m.
▪ Princess Camp–July 11-15 from 9-11 a.m.
▪ Little Miss Manners–July 11-15 from 1-4 p.m.
▪ Ready, Set, Grow: OMES Kindergarten Kickoff Camp– July 11-15 and July 25-29 from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
▪ OMES Cheer Camp–June 1-3 from 9 a.m-noon.
▪ KIDS in The Kitchen–June 6-10 from 8-11 a.m.
▪ Cool Crafters–June 6-10 from 1-4 p.m.
Oak Mountain Intermediate
▪ Summer Art with Miss Walker–June 6-10 from 1-3:30 p.m. and June 13-17 from 9-11:30 a.m.
▪ OMIS Cheer Camp–June 6-9 from 8:30-11:00 a.m.
▪ Cooking Camp with Miss Vaughn–June 13-17 from 9-11:30 a.m.
▪ Curtain Call–June 20-24 from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
For more information on these or other enrichment classes, visit Shelbyed.k12.al.us/community/enrich.html.
For more information on traditional Summer Camp, including fees, visit Shelbyed.k12.al.us/community/camps.html.
Community Education will also be offering Drivers Education and Health for high school students. For more information contact Kay Dummier at Kdummier@shelbyed.k12.al.us or 682-5843.
Special-needs students from high schools across Shelby County participated in mock job interviews on Tuesday, May 3 to help prepare... read more