Hoover City Council reschedules meetings
HOOVER – The Hoover City Council rescheduled two of its upcoming meetings because of the holidays.
The council’s meeting originally scheduled for Jan. 2 was moved to Jan. 3, and the meeting originally scheduled for Jan. 16 was moved to Jan. 17.
Both meetings will begin at 6 p.m.
The council approved the changes during its meeting on Dec. 5.
In other business, the council:
- Approved a change order for the Recreation Center locker room renovation project. The change order is to allow for the removal and replacement of partitions that were found during demolition to be deteriorated, omit fire protection system and provide instead a two-hour separation between the area of renovation and the adjacent corridor and provide grab bars and a flexible shower head in women’s showers. The contract sum will increase by $27,991.85, and the contract time will be increased by 18 days, ending Jan. 4, 2017.
- Authorized the mayor to execute an agreement with USS Real Estate for the purchase of about 31.3 acres of property off South Shades Crest Road for a price not to exceed $2 million.
- Rejected all bids received for wrecker, towing and vehicle storage services.
- Authorized the mayor to execute second amendments to government entity tower license agreements with Crown Castle GT Company LLC and Crown Castle South LLC to acknowledge and memorialize the modification of the city’s public safety communications antennas and equipment on a tower located next to the Hoover Senior Center and a tower located behind The Grove Shopping Center off Alabama 150.
- Approved the issuance of revenue bonds by the Special Care Facilities Financing Authority of the city of Pell City to provide financing for the benefit of Noland Health Services Inc. for any bond-financed facilities that are or will be located in the city of Hoover.
•Approved paying appropriate bills.