Helena History

Harmony Presbyterian Church 1939. This structure, probably built in late 1933, was the third structure to house the congregation. Harmony Church, organized around 1850, was the first church built in what would become the confines of Helena. The initial structure stood within the area of the present Harmony graveyard. The second building, an impressive structure built in the 1880s, was destroyed in the 1933 tornado. (Contributed/City of Helena Museum)