Hoover Council approves bids for Finley Center
HOOVER – Hoover’s City Council approved several bids related to the ongoing construction of the Finley Center at its meeting on Monday, April 3.
The bid for protective floor covering for gym wood floor was awarded to Covermaster Inc. in the amount of $153,365.10. The accepted bid was the lowest received, with two other bids ranging to about $185,000.
The bid for tip and roll bleachers was awarded to Gulf Coast Sports LLC in the amount of $26,988. The accepted bid was the lowest received, with five other bids ranging to about $50,000.
The bid for portable retractable gymnasium bleachers was awarded to Alabama Contract Sales Inc. in the amount of $99,870. One other bid was received and was about $116,000.
In other business, the council:
- Heard proclamations from Mayor Frank Brocato for April as Autism Awareness Month and Sexual Violence Awareness Month.
- Authorized Brocato to execute an amended community service agreement with Alabama Wildlife.
- Set a public hearing for 6 p.m. on April 17 to consider the request of Trenton Turner, representing Turner Food Systems, for conditional use approval for the sale of alcohol at the Finley Center, located at the Hoover Metropolitan Complex. The property is zoned C-2 Community Business District and is owned by the city.
- Heard a second reading of an ordinance for the city’s annual tax levy, which will be considered for adoption at the April 17 council meeting.
- Continued a decision about allowing Brocato to execute a transit services agreement with the Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority until the next meeting, on April 17.