Helena History

This circa 1930 photograph shows the building erected in 1911 by C.T. Davidson to house the turbines used to generate electricity for the town of Helena. The building also housed the pump that supplied water for the AB&A Railroad locomotives. The structure at left is the Davidson skating rink that also doubled as a movie theater. The young lady posing on the right is Lorene Harkins, later Hinds. (Contributed/City of Helena Museum)