Upcoming local Easter egg hunts
By Nathan Howell / Staff Writer
With Easter being one of the most widely observed holidays among Americans, the tradition of egg hunts always remain a popular event for families with children. This year there is a plethora of events for the whole family leading up to Easter Sunday.
Saturday, April 13
- Asbury United Methodist: “Biscuits and Bunnies” event featuring breakfast and an egg hunt. 9-11:00 a.m.
- North Shelby Baptist: The event offers a blacklight egg hunt for grade schoolers and a traditional outdoor egg hunt for preschoolers. Also includes a petting zoo, inflatables and lunch. 12-2 p.m.
- Valleydale Baptist Church: Free event with egg hunts throughout the morning by age groups, inflatables, cake walk, games, train rides, and refreshments. 10:00 a.m.-12 p.m.
Sunday, April 14
- Columbiana United Methodist: Spring Fling Eggstravaganza will be held on Palm Sunday. Event will feature an egg hunt, inflatables and other games and activities. 2-4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 20
- Alabaster Church of God: Features an egg drop event that will have a helicopter dropping thousands of candy-filled eggs, inflatables and other games. There will be three total drops. The church will begin welcoming families at 12:00 p.m.
- City of Helena: Event will take place at the Helena Amphitheater and features three age-specific egg hunts, a visit from the Easter Bunny, inflatables, face painting, games, music and a visit from the Helena Belles. 9-11a.m.
- City of Pelham: Held at the Youth Football Field at Pelham City Park. The hunt will also feature a visit from the Easter bunny. Starts at 9 a.m.
- Cultivate Church, Alabaster: Features an egg drop event that will have a helicopter dropping thousands of candy-filled eggs, traditional egg hunt for ages 0-3 and other games. There will be a total of six drops for this event. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the event starts at 10:30 a.m.
- Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum, Calera: Hop aboard the Cottontail Express for a ride to Peter Cottontail’s meadow for an egg hunt. Tickets are $12 for ages 2-11, $17 for 12 and up and free admission for children under 2. Starts at 12 p.m.
By NEAL WAGNER / Managing Editor ALABASTER – For students at Thompson High School, a distracted driving demonstration by UAB’s... read more