Mooney announces candidacy for Alabama Senate seat
FROM STAFF REPORTS
BIRMINGHAM –Alabama Rep. Arnold Mooney on Monday, May 6, announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for United States Senate against incumbent Doug Jones.
“Alabamians want a Constitutional conservative who can beat Doug Jones and who will take on the establishment in Washington. That’s why I’m running,” said Mooney.
Mooney, a state representative from North Shelby County, has one of the most conservative voting records in the Alabama House, according to his announcement.
Mooney is a co-sponsor of the Human Life Protection Act that passed just last week—one of the most conservative pro-life bills in America. He also sponsored the Right to Work and Ten Commandments Amendments, and was one of just 18 Republicans to take on his own party and vote against the recent gas tax—the largest tax increase in Alabama history.
“Too many people go to Washington and forget their principles. I want to be the same guy when I walk out that I was when I walked in. I’m not a politician—I’m just a conservative with a backbone. I think that’s what Alabamians want,” said Mooney.
Mooney’s team includes:
- General Consultant: Jordan Gehrke, Leverage Public Strategies
- Media: Fred Davis, Strategic Perception
- Polling: Gene Ulm, Public Opinion Strategies
- Digital Strategist: Ethan Eilon, IMGE
- National Fundraiser: Laura Van Hove, LVH Consulting
- Finance Director and Senior Advisor: Heather Wilson, Leverage Public Strategies
The Republican Primary is March 3, 2020.