County to offer Christmas tree recycling at five locations
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Shelby County in conjunction with the city of Chelsea, the city of Pelham, and Propst Alabaster LLC is offering a Christmas Tree Recycling Program at five designated areas in Shelby County. The program is scheduled to take place Dec. 27 through Jan. 6, 2020 at the following five locations:
- Heardmont Park off Cahaba Valley Road/Alabama 119.
- Chelsea City Hall off Shelby County 47 in Chelsea.
- Ray Building off Alabama 70 in Columbiana.
- Propst Promenade Alabaster located at the end of AmStar Theatre parking lot.
- Pelham City Park off U.S. 31 in Pelham.
All drop-off areas will be located in parking lots and designated with orange traffic cones and signage, and will be monitored daily, according to information released by the county.
“We plan to recycle the Christmas trees into landscape and erosion/sediment control materials for county facilities and decrease the volume of illegal dumping that occurs each year,” County Manager Alex Dudchock said.
By GRAHAM BROOKS / Staff Writer PELHAM – It’s been one decade since Pelham Police Officer Philip Mahan Davis made... read more