Harpersville Water Board hiring clerk
FROM STAFF REPORTS
The Harpersville Water Board is seeking to fill a full-time salaried position. The Water Clerk is responsible for all day-to-day office operations and logistical planning for the Water Board.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Opens customer accounts by recording account information. Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying customer complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintains financial accounts by processing daily customer adjustments.
- Contributes to customer service and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- Coordinates monthly billing and daily report creation.
- Seeks and participates in on-the-job training in current job responsibilities and cross-trains in other job functions to ensure continuous and efficient operations.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with others.
- Assists other departments with the day-to-day operations of the municipality.
- Responsible for all financial aspects for the Water Board, including bi-weekly payroll.
- Serves as the administrative clerk for the Water Board and attends monthly meetings.
Education/experience requirements for applicants includes:
- High school diploma (college preferred) or general education degree (GED) plus five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Above standard computer skills are required for this position. Experience with QuickBooks, CNI Utility Billing Software, and the Microsoft Office Suite is highly preferred.
Starting salary is $31,180 or $15.59 per hour. Starting rate is subject to change based on qualifications and experience. The Town of Harpersville is proud to offer an excellent benefits package.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
General job applications are available at Harpersvilleal.gov or at Harpersville Town Hall. Applications may be mailed to Town of Harpersville at P.O. Box 340, Harpersville, Alabama 35078, faxed to 205.672.1929, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivered in person.
The closing date for the position is March 10, or until filled.
The Town of Harpersville is an equal opportunity employer and is a participant in E-Verify.