58 INC., Chamber host Industry Appreciation Reception
Published 8:40 am Monday, February 24, 2020
HOOVER – Facilitated by 58 INC. and The Shelby County Chamber, local businesses take an active role in educating the next generation of workers.
Those partnerships were recognized at the annual Industry Appreciation Reception on Thursday, Feb. 20, at Inverness Country Club.
Chamber Board of Directors President Kathy Copeland called the event a “celebration of collaboration,” and many elected officials were on hand for the occasion.
58 INC. Managing Director Yvonne Murray noted numerous recent projects in the county.
“We’ve got a lot going on in Shelby County,” Murray said.
Industries were recognized in three different areas: registered apprenticeships, Ready to Work partners and Connect 2 Careers.
The Industry Appreciation Reception was co-sponsored by Bama Budweiser and Spire.
Those recognized include:
Registered Apprenticeship Partner
- Precision Grinding
- Cahaba Maintenance & Construction
- Vulcan Materials
Ready To Work partners
- Hibbett Wholesale
- Sysco of Central Alabama
- Summer Classics
- Thompson Tractor
- Taziki’s Mediterranean Café
- Cahaba Manteca & Construction
- Specification Rubber Products
- Process Barron
- Vulcan Steel
- McLean Power Systems
- America’s First Federal Credit Union
Connect 2 Careers cluster leaders
- Cindy Edmunds with ARC Realty, cluster leader and breakfast sponsor for our companies
- Krissie Masters, The Shelby County Sheriff’s Department,
- Mark Teachman, Mark Teachman Coaching –
- Dawn Bone, Shelby County Schools
- Julie Godfrey, Shelby County Schools
- Chris Thomas, America’s First Federal Credit Union
- Laura Catherine Mason, Brookwood & Shelby Baptist
- Brian Pavlick, Brookwood Shelby Baptist
- Jeff Picklesimer, Specification Rubber Products