Chelsea COP holds 21st annual awards meeting
Published 4:10 pm Thursday, February 27, 2020
CHELSEA – The Chelsea Citizens Observer Patrol organization held its 21st annual awards meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 25, recognizing numerous members for their service to the group and the city.
It was announced at the meeting that total member volunteer hours were 9,253 in 2019, an increase of almost 300 hours from 2018.
Representing the number of volunteer hours by COP members, a mock check in the amount of $311,964.86 was presented to Chelsea officials.
The total number of volunteer hours contributed by active members through the end of 2019 is 100,804 hours.
Awards presented at the meeting included:
- Award for 100-percent meeting attendance in 2019: Donald Shirley, John Peacock, Mike Cooley, Janet Shaw, John Waggener and Ron Shaw
- Award for 150 volunteer hours in 2019: Jay Jerman, Donald Shirley, Pat McDanal, Dale Neuendorf, Martha Coffey, John Peacock, Mike Cooley, Joel Dauber, Roberta Dauber, Jim Powers, Hoyt Picklesimer, Robert “Bob” Bush, Robert Everett, David Cheek, Donald Lemley, Don Robinson, Dominique Dubois, Janet Shaw, Carlos Sanders, Bob Peters, Mike Moore (First Award), Robert Boaz (First Award), Doug Thienpont (First Award), Ron Shaw and John Waggener
- 1,000-plus hours of patrol time since joining the program: Jim Powers, Robert Everett, Carlos Sanders and Ron Shaw
- 2,000-plus hours of volunteer time since joining the program: John Waggener
- Program Growth Award for 2019 (for recruiting and training of new members): Jay Jerman, Robert Everett, Bob Bush and Bill Robertson (recruiters), and John Peacock (trainer)
- Five-year service recognition award: Linda Powers and Hoyt Picklesimer
- 10-year service recognition award: John Peacock, Mike Cooley and John Devenyns
- Presidential service award (based on total volunteer hours since joining the program) bronze pin (100 to 249 volunteer hours): Stephen Lopez, Mike Moore, Robert Boaz and Francine Boaz
- Presidential service award silver pin (250 to 499 volunteer hours): Doug Thienpont
- Presidential service award gold pin (500-plus volunteer hours): Janet Shaw
- Lifetime pin (more than 4,000 volunteer hours): Pat McDanal
- Rookie of the Year award: Doug Thienpont
- Co-volunteers of the year award: David Cheek and Carlos Sanders.