Madison Chapman crowned Miss HHS 2020
Published 3:53 pm Tuesday, March 3, 2020
By NATHAN HOWELL | Special to the Reporter
HELENA — There was a full house at the Helena High School auditorium as 61 contestants participated in the Miss HHS 2020 pageant on Saturday night, Feb. 29.
The contestants were judged based on several categories including poise, appearance, personality and an interview question.
When all the points had been tallied at the end, it was Madison Chapman, a senior, who took the grand prize of Miss HHS 2020.
The pageant began with a beauty walk of all the contestants. Following this, the judges decided the top 21 girls. These girls then walked again and were narrowed down to the top 12.
The top 12 contestants were Chapman, Miranda Batchelor, Bailey Brophy, Payton Medieros, Lauren Lancaster, Jillian Daugherty, Olivia Beland, Anna Kate Elliot, Abbey Hess, Reese Tew, Caroline Cook and Ashlyn Collett.
The top 12 moved on to the interview portion of the pageant. Contestants were given a list of potential questions prior to the event to be prepared for different questions that might arise.
During this section, Chapman was given the question: “What school tradition do you want to see continued and why?”
“Once I graduate I hope to come back for homecoming festivities,” she said. “Here at Helena we truly have something for everybody. The community truly gets involved.”
Winners of other titles include the following:
- Kaitlin Glawson, Miss Photogenic
- Deya Parker, Miss Congeniality
- Best Escort, Seaburn Hines
- 9th Grade Elite, Anna Kate Elliot
- 10th Grade Elite, Reese Tew
- 11th Grade Elite, Meagan Ingram and Meagan Calvert
- 12th Grade Elite, Lauren Lancaster
- 4th Alternate, Olivia Beland
- 3rd Alternate, Peyton Medeiros
- 2nd Alternate, Bailey Brophy
- 1st Alternate, Miranda Batchelor