Arts Council to postpone shows, temporarily close office
FROM STAFF REPORTS
The Shelby County Arts Council has postponed its upcoming March and April Black Box Theater events in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The status of the SCAC’s current shows is as follows:
- March 21 Three on a String – rescheduled for Saturday, Aug. 8
- March 22 Danny & Debi Brook – postponed until further notice
- April 3 Will Kimbrough – rescheduled for Friday, Sept. 4
- April 4 Lenny LeBlanc & Kelly Willard – will be rescheduled, date pending
- April 7 An Insider Evening with ASO Maestro Carlos Izcaray – postponed until further notice
- April 24 MLS-Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young – will be rescheduled, date pending
Current ticketholders have two options moving forward (with the exception of the Insider Evening event due to it being a free event): If the show has been (or will be) rescheduled for a future date, keep those tickets and use them at the rescheduled event (ticketholders will still have the same seats); or the SCAC can provide a full refund for the tickets.
Ticketholders can email email@example.com to let the SCAC know their preferences.
The SCAC building will be closed through March 29.
All regularly held classes will be postponed for the week.
After March 29, the SCAC will make a week-to-week decision about operations.
Follow the SCAC on Facebook for the most current updates, or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By EMILY SPARACINO | Staff Writer Eight cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) have now been confirmed in Shelby County. Shelby County’s... read more