Oak Mountain Amphitheatre: Pelham’s Music Mecca
Published 10:33 am Thursday, March 19, 2020
By BECKY J. BEALL/Pelham Community Column
Every city has its own unique assets; their claims to fame, if you will. And, Pelham residents are blessed abundantly to have many, especially when it comes to entertainment and relaxation. From world-class tennis to ice skating and the Birmingham Bulls hockey team, to championship golf and concerts at Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, Pelham offers locals and visitors a plethora of choices for leisurely activities.
A premier music venue attracting well-known artists in various genres, Oak Mountain Amphitheatre’s outdoor facility features seating for more than 10,000 folks along with concessions. Concert-goers from across the state, and sometimes even over the state line, love the atmosphere with Oak Mountain State Park as a backdrop and less hustle-and-bustle than a big city.
Also, the amphitheatre is the largest outdoor facility of its kind in the state, and let’s face it; is there anything better than music under a starry Southern sky? Parking is easy and nearby, restaurants are literally within walking distance and, for out-of-towners, there are several choices for hotel accommodations.
When the weather gets warm, the concerts start coming and 2020 has some awesome choices you won’t want to miss. Here’s a look at the latest schedule of events for this year.
- April 11 – Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Roach, I Prevail & Ice Nine Kills
- June 20 – Knotfest Roadshow: Slipknot, A Day to Remember, Underoath & Code Orange
- June 26 – The Black Crowes—Shake Your Money Maker
- July 16 – Thomas Rhett & Cole Swindell
- July 31 – Phish
- August 5 – Kidz Bop Live
- August 7 – Alabama
- August 8 – Sam Hunt, Kip Moore & Travis Denning
- August 11 – Matchbox Twenty
- August 22 – Rascal Flatts Farewell Tour: Life is a Highway Tour
- August 30 – Foreigner: Jukebox Hero Tour
- September 2 – The Black Keys—Let’s Rock Tour
- October 6 – Megadeth & Lamb of God
Remember to check the calendar often because concerts may be added on. Stay abreast of opportunities by visiting www.theoakmountainamphitheatre.com/events/ where you will also find ticket information and a venue seating chart.
Enjoy a concert right in the heart of Pelham, and keep your tax dollars local.
Photo cutline: Enjoy a concert at Pelham’s own Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, a 10,500-seat venue attracting headline artists. Photo courtesy of Don Naman (photographer) and LiveNation (image owner).