COVID-19 testing coming to Oak Mountain High School May 1
FROM STAFF REPORTS
NORTH SHELBY – A drive-through COVID-19 testing clinic will be offered on Friday, May 1, by the Shelby County Health Department to patients who meet the testing criteria and while testing supplies are available.
The clinic will be held at Oak Mountain High School, 5476 Caldwell Mill Road, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
To be tested, individuals must be age 10 or older and symptomatic by meeting these criteria (measured or subjective):
- Fever OR cough OR shortness of breath, AND
- Immunocompromised or have co-morbidities, or
- Age 65 years or older, or
- Healthcare worker, or
- Associated with a long-term healthcare facility, or
- Symptoms are moderate, severe, or worsening.
If you have no symptoms, testing is not recommended. If you have mild symptoms and do not fall into one of the above high-risk groups, it is recommended that you self-isolate at home and call 1-888-264-2256 if your symptoms worsen.
Local leaders urge calm and patience during this trying time for all.