Commission approves ALDOT road project contracts
By EMILY SPARACINO / Staff Writer
COLUMBIANA – The Shelby County Commission has approved contracts with the Alabama Department of Transportation for several road projects to take place in the county.
The first project involves planning, overlay and striping on Interstate 65 from the Shelby County 52 overpass to the south end of the Cahaba River Bridge.
The second project involves the resurfacing, planning, striping, leveling and patching on Alabama 139 from the Bibb County line to Alabama 25 in Wilton.
The third project involves the resurfacing, planning, striping, leveling, patching and 2-foot safety widening on Alabama 25 from the Bibb County line to Shelby County 73.
The aforementioned projects do not require the permanent barricade or relocation of any intersecting streets, according to the resolutions.
In other business, the commission:
- Awarded the RFP – Automated Billing, Payment and Notification Services to Paymentus.
- Awarded a bid for restroom supply products to Budget Janitorial Supply.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the county manager and community services manager to submit an application for an Emergency Solutions Grant for Fiscal Year 2020 and to administrate the program on behalf of Shelby County. SafeHouse, in conjunction with Family Connection, and Shelby Emergency Assistance will be directly involved with submitting a combined application for use of the grant funds to help prevent homelessness, to help the homeless find housing, to help meet operating costs and to provide essential services to people with and without shelter.
- Approved a resolution for an Emergency Solutions Grant match for Fiscal Year 2020.
- Appointed Phyllis Alldredge to the Shelby County Board of Equalization as the municipalities’ representative.
By ALEC ETHEREDGE | Managing Editor While Shelby County surpassed 400 confirmed cases of COVID-19 over the weekend, numbers still... read more