Sophie Martin announces bid for re-election representing Ward 1
FROM STAFF REPORTS
ALABASTER – Sophie Martin announced her bid for re-election representing Ward 1 on the Alabaster City Council.
“It is a true honor and blessing to serve as council member for Ward 1 and the city of Alabaster, especially during these challenging times. I am deeply grateful to the residents of Ward 1 for their ongoing support and partnership as we continue to move our great community and city forward,” Martin said. “I am a strong advocate for resident safety, helping the underserved and economic growth.”
Martin said she is proud of the progress that has been made in Ward 1 including the demolition of more than a dozen unsafe and abandoned structures, partnering with the county to widen Shelby County 11, installation of LED lighting, and the reconstruction and enhancements to Alabaster’s historic Abby Wooley Park.
Some of Martin’s goals for Ward 1 and Alabaster include:
- Continue removal of abandoned and unsafe structures in Ward 1.
- Improve residential safety by resolving identified speeding issues.
- Finding a new solution to recycle and rubbish collection.
- Complete repaving of Alabaster Boulevard.
- Partner with non-profits to help those in need.
- Additional retirement and assisted living communities for Alabaster’s aging population.
- Strong collaboration with Alabaster City Schools to provide the best education and experience for children.
“I believe all voices should be heard as we continue to plan for the future. The progress we’ve already made together has taken Ward 1 and our city to the next level of excellence,” said Martin. “I am grateful for the opportunity to serve our residents and look forward to another successful and exciting four years for our community.”
Alabama State Superintendent Dr. Eric Mackey is holding a press conference at 10 a.m. to discuss the state’s roadmap for... read more