New assistant principals named for Montevallo, Chelsea schools
ALABASTER – The Shelby County Board of Education took action on two more school administrator positions during a July 7 meeting at the Shelby County Instructional Services Center.
The board approved Jeremy Reed as a new system assistant principal to be assigned to Montevallo High School and Jessica Adams as Chelsea Park Elementary School’s new assistant principal.
Reed has more than six years of experience in public education.
Reed most recently served as the administrative assistant at Helena High School.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Alabama, a master’s degree in secondary education from the University of Alabama at Birmingham and an instructional leadership master’s certification from the University of West Alabama.
“I’m excited for this opportunity,” Reed said to the board. “I’m looking forward to working at Montevallo.”
Adams has worked in public education for more than eight years and previously served as the administrative assistant at Chelsea Park Elementary School.
Adams earned a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education from Auburn University and a master’s degree in counseling and instructional leadership from the University of West Alabama.
“Thank you for giving me this opportunity to continue to serve at Chelsea Park,” Adams said to the board. “I’m so excited.”
In other business, the board:
- Approved the 2020-2021 employee work schedules.
- Approved and adopted a board policy regarding service animals in schools.
- Approved K&K Insurance Company as the district’s student insurance provider for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Approved ARCpoint Labs as the district’s provider for the student drug testing program for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Approved personnel actions and bus subs and aides.
ALABASTER – Shelby County Schools will reopen to students for the 2020-2021 academic year one week later than previously planned.... read more