The Shelby County Chamber set to celebrate outstanding Healthcare Professionals
Published 11:39 am Wednesday, June 22, 2022
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Shelby County’s leading healthcare professionals will be recognized at The Shelby County Chamber’s Eighth Annual Healthcare Professional of the Year Luncheon presented by Ascension St. Vincent’s and co-sponsored by Shelby Baptist Medical Center and Buffalo Rock.
The luncheon program, which will feature a keynote presentation by Dr. Allison Sullivan Chappell on “Being Proactive for a Healthy Lifestyle,” is scheduled for June 29 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Grande Hall in the Old Mill Square facility in Columbiana.
The Chamber’s Health Services Work Group is hosting this program to recognize those individuals who have made an outstanding contribution in healthcare throughout the county and municipalities. Any healthcare professional employed in Shelby County was eligible to be nominated.
Nominees submitted information about their background, accomplishments, community impact, how they’ve improved the health of their patients and why they chose a career in healthcare. The information received from each nominee was reviewed by three judges and the recipients were chosen.
“Given that Shelby County is the healthiest county in the state, these professionals play an integral part in making that happen each year,” Chamber Vice President Jordan Powell said.
The 2022 nominees in alphabetical order by organization are:
- Alabama Psychiatry – Stacy Stuart, CRNP
- Bailey Wellness Group – Dr. Dotti Bailey, DSW, LICSW, PIP, RYT-200, RCYT
- Central Alabama Wellness – Richard Fallin, LPC
- Central Alabama Wellness – Regina Mims, RN
- Chiropractic Today – Dr. Irma Palmer
- Complete Women’s Care – Dr. Jessica Rodrigues
- Eyes on Chelsea – Dr. Jessica Palmer, O.D.
- Hayes Eye Center – Dr Robbie Hayes, O.D.
- MedsPLUS Consulting – Dr. Jennifer Campbell & Dr. Pauline Long
- OrthoSouth – Dr. Brandon Boggan
- Precision Chiropractic of AL – Dr. Marty Lovvorn
- Premier Family Dentistry – Dr. Joseph Zanthos
- PT Solutions Physical Therapy – Tommy Ponder
- SAV-A-LIFE Shelby, Inc. – Candace Nix
- Shaklee Corporation- Elise Hearn
- Southern Wellness – Dr. Becky Halechko M.D.
- Southern Wellness – Dr. Gayla Royer M.D.
- The FARM- Dr. Beau Beard
- Toothbud Dentistry – Dr. Beau Bradford
All 19 nominees will be recognized at the luncheon, and the recipients in four categories – Heart of Healthcare, Committed to Community, Legacy of Excellence and Healthcare Professional of the Year will be announced.
Reservations for the Awards Luncheon can be made by contacting The Shelby County Chamber by phone at 205-663-4542 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.