Calera man arrested on drug charges
Published 2:08 pm Friday, December 15, 2023
By BARTON PERKINS | Staff Writer
CALERA – Calera resident Terry Lynn Martin, 55, was arrested for multiple drug-related charges on Wednesday, Dec. 13.
Martin was arrested at 7:20 p.m. at his residence and court documents state that he was found to have the following drugs in his possession:
At the time of his arrest, Martin is said to have had roughly 10 grams of methamphetamine, an undisclosed amount of marijuana and a glass meth pipe in his possession
Having previously been charged with marijuana and methamphetamine possession in October 2003 and October of 2023, respectively, several of Martin’s drug charges were designated as being first-degree possession.
Martin was charged with the following:
- Unlawful possession of a substance with intent to distribute.
- Unlawful possession of marihuana, first degree.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Unlawful distribution of a controlled substance.
- With these charges, Martin could hypothetically spend anywhere from two to twenty years in prison and be forced to pay fines up to $30,000.
Martin was subsequently taken to Shelby County Jail in Columbiana following his arrest. He is currently being held on a bond of $36,000. A date for Martin’s initial hearing has yet to be determined.