Adamsville man arrested on eight charges
Published 2:43 pm Wednesday, December 20, 2023
By BARTON PERKINS | Staff Writer
COLUMBIANA – Justin Antonio Wallace, 36, of Adamsville was arrested on multiple drug charges on Sunday, Dec. 17 after being pulled over by officers of the Shelby County Sheriff’s department.
Police reports indicate that at approximately 9:52 p.m. on highway 280, police had Wallace come to a stop after noticing that Wallace’s son was not wearing a seatbelt. Wallace refused to give his name or any form of identification, and then proceeded to attempt to flee the scene on foot.
It would later be revealed that he had been driving with a suspended license.
Wallace was then apprehended by law enforcement, and they found the following items in his possession:
- 8.3 grams of cocaine
- 0.1 grams of marijuana
- 1 digital scale with traces of drug residue on it
The suspect was then charged with eight following charges:
- Unlawful possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
- Second degree possession of marijuana.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Chemical endangerment of a child.
- Obstruction of governmental operations.
- Attempting to elude law enforcement.
- Driving with a suspended license.
- Requirement for child passenger restraints.
Wallace was subsequently taken to Shelby County Jail, in Columbiana where he is currently being held on a bond of $49,100. A date for his trial has yet to be set.