Sweepstakes Rules – iPad mini 16G Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER, ONE WILL WIN.
Sweepstakes PERIOD: The sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on November 28, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (“CST”) on January 28, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
1. How to Enter: This is an online sweepstakes only, sponsored by Shelby County Newspapers, Inc. The Sweepstakes is open to new or existing Shelby County Reporter fans or subscribers and is administered entirely within an appropriate App created for this purpose. To become (or verify your status as) a fan of Shelby County Reporter, go to www.Facebook.com/ShelbyCountyReporter.com and “like” the page if you have not already done so. To subscribe to Shelby County Reporter’s free email newsletters, go to http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001Fn1fHTcb0kr7Aw4rG6TBlA%3D%3D and sign up. To enter the sweepstakes, submit your name and email address on the entry form. Merely liking or becoming a fan of the Shelby County Reporter, commenting on its page or website, or sending an email message indicating your interest does not constitute entry into or participation in this sweepstakes.Each individual sweepstakes is separate and entry into one sweepstakes does not disqualify a person from entry into another sweepstakes. Each sweepstakes is limited to one entry per person and no more than one entry per email address, except that bonus entries may be earned when a participant shares the sweepstakes app on Twitter. Any other submission of multiple entries may result in disqualification from the sweepstakes. Sponsors will not verify receipt of entries. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices or programs in association with this Sweepstakes will cause disqualification. Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
2. Eligibility: Open Only to Legal Residents OF THE fifty (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 years of age OR OLDER. Void Where Prohibited. Employees (and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of Shelby County Newspapers, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies and fulfillment providers are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Prizes: See section 4 for prize details and value of the prizes being offered. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Total value of all prizes is approximately $329. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a stated prize is unavailable for any reason. Sponsor will pay any sales tax due for domestic delivery in the United States, up to a maximum of $20; otherwise prize winners are responsible for all taxes. Neither Sponsor nor its affiliates or subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damages arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize.
4. Drawing and Awarding of Prizes: Winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries received online per the drawing schedule outlined. The winners will be notified by email from Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org and must respond directly via email to Daniel.email@example.com within 24 hours to receive the winning prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours of first attempt, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. There is one grand prize, total value approximately $329, consisting of an Apple iPad mini 16G.
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by email using the email address with which they have entered the sweepstakes. Email notification will come from Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the sole responsibility of each participant to ensure that they will be able to receive, read, and respond to email notifications from Daniel.email@example.com in a timely fashion.
6. Waiver of Responsibility or Liability: As a condition of entry and participation each entrant or participant releases Facebook, Shelbycountyreporter.com, and the author from any and all responsibility or liability in association with the sweepstakes promotion and acknowledges that this sweepstakes promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants or participants are providing contact and entry information only to the sponsors, Shelbycountyreporter.com and the author, and to the company administering the sweepstakes, and not to Facebook.
DISCLOSURE: All entrants will be added to the author’s mailing list of the author and will receive a free subscription to the Shelbycountyreporter.com daily news email, from which they may opt out at any time. No other use will be made of participants’ contact and entry information, which will be held in the strictest confidentiality by the sponsors and the company administering the sweepstakes.