Save money with multiple insurance policies
In today’s busy world filled with concern over the rising cost of gas and housing, many of us look for ways to get greater value for our time and money.
One way you may not have considered is having all of your insurance needs taken care of in one place.
There are advantages to having your car, home and family protected by the same insurance company.
Switching all your policies to one well-respected insurer might save you time and money, not to mention the convenience of having only one number to call for questions or claims.
Many insurance companies offer a range of discounts that vary by state.
Be sure to ask the agent about the availability and amount of any discounts offered by the insurer.
Here are some common discounts you should know about:
– Multiple line: Your premiums may be reduced if you have more than one policy with the same company or family of companies that covers your car.
– Good student: Full-time students (high school or higher) maintaining at least a “B” average may qualify for reduced premiums.
– Multiple cars: Your premiums may be reduced if there are two or more private-passenger cars in the household insured by the same company or family of companies.
These are just a few of the discounts that may save you money. Once you have considered price, think about the quality of service you expect. The best value should save you both time and money. Here are a few things to consider:
– Do you have one person to call when you need help?
– Is the insurer available 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
– Does the insurer make it easy to file a claim?
– Is the insurer available to discuss your needs and help customize a package of services that is best for you and your family?
– Do you feel confident in the insurer’s financial stability and ability to pay if your family suffers a loss?
Be sure you’re getting the most value for your time and money.
Call your agent or insurance company today and ask if you can get more value by having all your insurance needs taken care of in one place.
Anthony Berryman is an Alabaster State Farm insurance agent. Reach him at 663-6310.