UPDATE: Drive-thru COVID-19 testing coming to Vincent
Published 11:56 am Tuesday, June 9, 2020
VINCENT — Shelby County area residents will have access to free drive-thru COVID-19 testing on Thursday, June 11 at Vincent Elementary School, 40800 Alabama 25. Testing will take place from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., while supplies last.
No appointment is needed; patients will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. All persons meeting testing criteria are encouraged to participate.
“It’s open to all citizens anywhere and an excellent opportunity for free, no-appointment testing,” said Shelby County EMA Director Hub Harvey.
Patients must meet the following criteria:
- The patient is asymptomatic and in a high-risk group, OR the patient is symptomatic with a minimum (measured or subjective) fever or cough or shortness of breath AND
- The patient is immunocompromised or has co-morbidities
- Or the patient is age 65 or older
- Or the patient is a healthcare worker
- Or the patient is associated with a longterm healthcare facility
- Or the patient has symptoms that are moderate, severe or worsening (10 years old and older).
For more information, call the Shelby County Health Department at (205) 664-2470 or Shelby County Emergency Management at (205) 669-3999.
Vincent Council member Bridgette Jordan Smith said she is grateful to the agencies involved for providing testing access to the town’s citizens.
“Special thanks to Alabama Department of Public Health and my friends at Shelby County Emergency Management Agency for making this happen in our community,” Smith said in a Facebook post.