Community Columnists

Mann has touched the lives of hundreds

Josephine “Joe” Mann is a recipient of both a long life and a good life.

Community Columnists

Community gives blood to support Wilder

Our county seat of Columbiana is proof that when a town comes together to support someone they love, ...

Community Columnists

Palmer spends his retirement serving others

“I was looking for something to do after retiring. I got tired of being at home all of ...

Community Columnists

Local anglers finding their niche

“They are learning life lessons about relationships, teamwork, and how to preserve the future for the rest of ...

Community Columnists

In memory of Chad Nichols

The Shelby County RSVP and Positive Maturity is saddened to announce that a key member of the RSVP ...

Community Columnists

Christmas cheer for a beloved Wildcat

One of Shelby’s most loved had a special outpouring of Christmas cheer this month from her community.

Community Columnists

Changing the world, one mask at a time

“My earliest memory of serving my community is as a teenager assisting with the production of a Christmas ...

Community Columnists

H.O.P.E. Garden true to its name

Since 2012, the H.O.P.E. Garden has become an established program that has done exactly what its name implies—it ...

Community Columnists

Doing what they love

“I’ve traveled a lot through work. I’ve been in almost every state in the country, Canada and Alaska,” ...

Community Columnists

Raines helps people through fundraisers

Pamela Raines, 63, was born in Seattle, Washington at Fort Lawton during her father’s time in the U.S. ...

Community Columnists

5k event helps grow families through adoption

Last January, Joel Dixon hosted the very first Forging Families 5k to help friends fund their adoption through ...

Community Columnists

4-H Center to host Winter Festival Dec. 5

Dec. 5 is shaping up to be a great day to visit the Columbiana area in Shelby County.

Community Columnists

A lifetime marked by service

Dorothy “Dot” Lucas has spent her entire life in her birthplace of Dry Valley, Alabama.

Community Columnists

SCAC to host Holiday Artist Market

On Dec. 5, the Shelby County Arts Council plans to host their annual Holiday Artist Market in Columbiana.

Community Columnists

Reaching out to those behind bars

A member of the Calera Senior Center, Bernice Fontenberry has volunteered her time and attention to the efforts ...

< Newer|Older >